Columbo
Can I do a walk of the facility to spot trails of pizza rolls to mark them on the map, or would I have to search each suspected room individually?
If the latter, I at least want to search Receiving Bay for them first.
Giffany
Hello, Ms. Phenera! As a, neutral party, I would also like to bodycheck you, your inventory, and your, room! Maybe before Hustler does, if this is possible?
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
DxHustler3000
Easy, soldier of darkness. I'm invested in my personnel. I'm not a cheat.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Columbo
Run the lantern test again but with it just sitting on the bridge.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 6:54 AM)Columbo Wrote:
(May 6, 2024 at 6:28 AM)Spooks? Wrote: The other substance, now that it has been a while since the lantern has been set alight, is seeming to solidify somewhat atop the oil.
Guess I'll try to scoop that out. With like, a spoon, or something more scientifically appropriate.
You attempt to scoop out the substance with a spoon. It's... contaminated by the oil, but whatever it is, it is a somewhat waxy substance.

(May 6, 2024 at 9:04 AM)Columbo Wrote: Check out the pizza rolls in the bathrooms near the Control Department more closely. Are they wet, soggy, unusually cold, or any other signs they might've been outside?
Also, sorry Spooks, I'm going to empty the bag to make sure it's just pizza rolls.
You check out the pizza rolls in and around the Bathrooms. They're definitely not wet at all, they are crispy and cooked to perfection. You could almost just eat them off the bathroom floor if you were some kind of freak.

You apologize to Spooks, who just looks at you sadly as you dump out the pizza rolls. Yep, just pizza rolls.

[Image: sphhh_wtn2zq.png]

(May 6, 2024 at 9:06 AM)Columbo Wrote: On a completely different theory, I want to search through Chem Lab, 1650's room, 3999's room, and the Archeologist's office real quick for out of place weapons.
And check if that CNC machine in the Drafting Office has signs of any sort of use.
You then head upstairs to the Auxiliary Building and do a walk around, checking the rooms for any kind of out-of-place weapons or anything strange. 1650's room has been checked already, and a quick glance into 3999's reveals nothing but the VHS Receiver, the Bloody Face, and the One Way Cloak. Yep, totally normal stuff.

The Chem Lab appears to have been used quite extensively, with various chemicals lying around, but the Archaeologist's Office is empty beyond it's regular furnishings. No weapons here.

Walking out to the Mines, you take the elevator down to the depths and check out the CNC machine in the Drafting Office. It doesn't appear to have been used at all, there's no telltale signs such as metal shavings at all and it is still pretty dusty.

(May 6, 2024 at 9:14 AM)Columbo Wrote: Walk the lake as carefully as I can, looking for Barry.
Failing that, offer a delicious Totino's Pizza Rollâ„¢ by the hole in the lake. Maybe a few extra, in case 1011 is hungry too.
You walk around the surface of Mirror Lake, hunting for Barry. You find him flipping around in the snow near where the Black Forest meets the lake itself. He barks at you as you approach, but he doesn't look particularly aggressive or peeved.

You toss him a pizza roll anyway. He's... earned it?

(May 6, 2024 at 9:33 AM)Columbo Wrote: And for argument's sake, I want to run my hand over the entire eastern bridge and see if there's any extremely slippery spots.
Approaching the bridge, you run your hand over the entire structure. It doesn't appear to have any notably slippery spots.

(May 6, 2024 at 10:43 AM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: As Phenera has consented, I would like to personally exonerate her by examining her body, inventory, and room for signs of wetness, things that could cause the stab wound, etc.

Also double check everything in the bathroom, to see what's wet or moist.
You check Phenera... On her person, you find a gun and katana, as well as an old, half-eaten onion and some Yu-Gi-Oh cards. She isn't wet at all.

In her room, you don't find anything of note outside of some Totino's Pizza Rolls. A... lot of them actually.

You then check the Bathrooms for signs of moisture. The place is totally dry, and all the paper towels and pizza rolls are also bone-dry - except for that delicious pizza filling.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 11:19 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Hey Spooks, did you leave a garbage bag full of pizza rolls in the bathroom when you were cleaning them up?
[Image: Hi_jdh4i7.png]

Affirmative! While attempting to clean up the excess snack food(s) that [AGENT DESIGNATION - PHENERA] had placed on the floor, I detected additional littering in the Bathroom.

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

Upon inspection, the Bathroom floor was covered in unsanitary food waste! I collected and disposed of the waste properly, however I was unsure as to the purpose of the paper towels and left them be in case they were to be utilized for further cleaning by any agent taking up the mantle of a custodial staff member.

And now, the excess snack foods are... distributed on the floor once again...

(May 6, 2024 at 1:07 PM)Columbo Wrote: Can we confirm a rigging knife is actually missing from the Boathouse?
You inspect the Boathouse... While it appears that rigging knives ARE present, you are unable to determine whether one was taken. However, it does look like the drawer housing them was disturbed and rummaged through.

(May 6, 2024 at 1:16 PM)Columbo Wrote: Can I do a walk of the facility to spot trails of pizza rolls to mark them on the map, or would I have to search each suspected room individually?
If the latter, I at least want to search Receiving Bay for them first.
You are unable to check the entire facility in one sweep, however you may search individual rooms. The Receiving Bay, seems to contain... an entire box nearly full of pizza rolls, with a trail of pizza rolls leading out of the room and into the Main Elevator. Following this trail, it leads to Phenera's room.

(May 6, 2024 at 1:16 PM)Giffany Wrote: Hello, Ms. Phenera! As a, neutral party, I would also like to bodycheck you, your inventory, and your, room! Maybe before Hustler does, if this is possible?
You perform the same check as Hustler, with the same results. It looks like they probably weren't trying to mess with you.

(May 6, 2024 at 1:43 PM)Columbo Wrote: Run the lantern test again but with it just sitting on the bridge.
You heat the lantern and leave it sitting on the bridge... It does melt a small patch of snow around the lantern, which reforms into ice. However, it is still not significantly large enough to slip on without basically stepping exactly where the lantern is.
Columbo
Check for any sort of waxy residue on, around, and under the bridge, and on the ice below it.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 2:42 PM)Columbo Wrote: Check for any sort of waxy residue on, around, and under the bridge, and on the ice below it.
You search the bridge and surrounding area for waxy residue, but you don't find any kind of residue of the sort.
Columbo
I'm not quite sure how to separate the wax from the oil, but is the wax itself exceptionally slippery? Apply it to a piece of random wood or something to test it.
Pea
Does Dex know if something paranormal was involved with this kill?
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 2:50 PM)Columbo Wrote: I'm not quite sure how to separate the wax from the oil, but is the wax itself exceptionally slippery? Apply it to a piece of random wood or something to test it.
You can't easily separate the two, however when applying the oily wax to a piece of wood from the Boiler Room, you do find that it makes the wood rather slick to the touch - though you can't really tell if its because of the wax or because of the oil.

(May 6, 2024 at 2:53 PM)Pea Wrote: Does Dex know if something paranormal was involved with this kill?
[Image: pendant-2_gppq1a.png]

I dunno what the deal with this hunch shit is, but if it really is just a hunch, then you're not half bad at this.

Yeah, I mean... think about it. What kind of dipshit magic power would just make something slippery? I guess in a world with that fuckin' dog underground, anything can happen but come on. I'm going with a no on this one, nothing paranormal here.
Columbo
Apparently, Pea says the rafts are waxed. Can we confirm that?
And also, check the underside of the raft the body was found on.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 3:02 PM)Columbo Wrote: Apparently, Pea says the rafts are waxed. Can we confirm that?
And also, check the underside of the raft the body was found on.
You check one of the accursed iRaft rafts. It does appear to be relatively slick with boat wax. All the rafts appear to be, actually.

The underside of the Walmart John raft is much the same.
Columbo
Can we find boat wax not on a boat, in the Boat House perhaps?
Compare it to our waxy lantern substance, too.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 3:13 PM)Columbo Wrote: Can we find boat wax not on a boat, in the Boat House perhaps?
Compare it to our waxy lantern substance, too.
There do appear to be several containers of boat wax in the Boathouse, however none of the the containers present appear to be missing any wax. You scoop some out to compare it to the lantern substance and... yep, it sure looks like wax. Any specifics beyond that, you can't tell.
Columbo
Any chance we can find any scrape marks on the bridge if we cleared it of snow?
Oh, and check for similar marks from the underside of the rafts. All the rafts.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 3:21 PM)Columbo Wrote: Any chance we can find any scrape marks on the bridge if we cleared it of snow?
Oh, and check for similar marks from the underside of the rafts. All the rafts.
You clear the snow off the bridge and look at it in all its glory. There don't appear to be any visible scrape marks, however you do notice a dent on the bridge, now that the snow is gone.

None of the rafts, even the unused ones in the Boathouse and Lighthouse appear to have scrape marks on them at all, and all of them are waxy.
Columbo
Any signs of blood being wiped on John or his raft?

Oh, and search the Director's Office for a gas can. Hustler and their room, too, if it was in there and I just didn't notice.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 3:32 PM)Columbo Wrote: Any signs of blood being wiped on John or his raft?

Oh, and search the Director's Office for a gas can. Hustler and their room, too, if it was in there and I just didn't notice.
It does appear as though Walmart John has some bloody marks on his pants consistent with wiping, however his raft doesn't have anything of the sort.

You then check the Director's Office, searching specifically for a gas can. You find a full can of gas, knocked over under one of the strange chair-book-flower monuments. It looks like it was knocked over or dropped in a struggle or something, rather than hidden.
Columbo
If I lay out the knives and stare at them for a while, can I find a particular one that's off in some manner?
Any little bit would help.