Nashu Mhakaracca
There sure is a lot of fascinating stuff down here, but one of these rooms stands out to me in particular. I'm talking about the Killing Game Lab, of course. What in the seven hells is that?
Izumi Konata
Oooooooooh, a leisure center! Do you guys have some video games or anime? Or a computer with internet access at least? I'm gonna go check it out
Bradimir Votvodk
Hello folks, sorry for being a little late. I am Bradimir Votvodk. Also if you don't mind Ruby Rose, I will hold off on shaking your hand at the moment. I've made it an habit to not shake hands with people are am unfamiliar with. I would be up to shaking hands later when I am more acquainted with you.

As for what dorm I would want to take up arrangements in. I would like to be placed in the Research Dorm please.

With that out of the way, I would like to take a closer look at the Director's Office if you folks don't mind.
DxHustler3000
(Dec 13, 2023 at 5:19 AM)Goose Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2023 at 7:48 AM)Dodo Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2023 at 5:20 AM)Goose Wrote: honk.

[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

" ! "
[Image: ik6gZl5.jpeg]

[Image: zx3EhmY.png]

[Image: UehRkDq.png]

[Image: waq8mqT.png]

[Image: fxQkfsg.png]

Astrid. We have to talk about a strong investment opportunity. Have you seen Fight Club?

As for the charming rotund swallow, I implore you to stay away from the other one until the time is right. If that swan is to attack without mercy or shame, someone should at least be... refereeing.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Momoyo Himemushi
Hey, a Locker Room. A place to store my cool rocks.

Lemme see it.

Also that Shuttle Line. I wanna hop on the train.
Lily
(Dec 13, 2023 at 7:26 AM)Morgan Wrote: I've been meaning to check out the Holding Cell. Could be useful later on.
can I lock the holding cell once morgan goes in
Tinkaton
Tinkaton is heading to the kitchen. I guess she's hungry. Oh well, she'll be fine. Nothing bad ever happens in the kitchen!
Lita
Since almost everything else has been investigated, I'd like to look at the Anomaly Lab and the surrounding Anomalies (cautiously, guided by our friend Spooks).
Spooks?
(Dec 13, 2023 at 7:18 AM)Alan Wake Wrote: The basement - the writer's best friend, whether that be the lair of some sadistic serial killer chaining their victims up to bleed them dry, the illegal meth lab ran by an illicit crime syndicate, or the entrance to some monstrous cryptid's nest.

A common plot element in any story - and one that I had used on occasion in writing for Night Springs. I found myself considering the possibilities of what we would find down here, as we descended the stairs.

I'm going to head straight to the Facility Lobby - perhaps someone there can tell us about the gunshots Gus spoke of.
You climb onto the shuttle car, and take a ride through to the Facility Lobby. A large, open room with several doors awaits you. A rug, ordained with the Bureau's logo, sits dutifully in the middle of the room, providing some decor besides the front desk.

Someone is frantically rummaging through the desk...

music:

[Image: hm_fuhbk9.png]

Oh, c'mon... It's gotta be here somewhere...

[Image: do-you-mind_o762p4.png][Image: mad_cxlynj.png]

Hey! You! Astrid! It was you, wasn't it? It's been really funny, but the joke's over! Where's my keycard?

...Lyra, what are you talking about? Why would I take your keycard? I have my own...

Likely story! You've always been jealous of my genius, and you couldn't pass up an opportunity! You waited until I was testing the Sleep Lab sensors, and then you made your move! Right out of my pocket, while I'm at my most vulnerable.

It's exactly the kind of strategy a luddite like yourself would resort to! You just wanted to lock me out! I managed to get Dexter to let me in anyway, but apparently I underestimated your propensity for scheming, because I see you've taken the replacement card too!

...I have better things to do than mess with you. I don't even like coming down here anyway, you know that. I'm just along for the ride. Investigation Team's here, if you want help finding your stupid card, but leave me out of it.

You probably just dropped it somewhere.

[Image: smug_elihxh.png]

Kya ha ha... Well, I see that I have a captive audience, ready to bask in my brilliance - so I'll let it go for now.

I'm Dr. Lyra Orpheus, Anomaly Researcher extraordinaire!

[Image: lyraintro_ojpwax.png]

[Image: hehh_dcnsps.png]

You're looking at the very reason we have the insight we do into the inner workings of what we call "Anomalies". While Astrid buries her face in old books, I'm making real progress on categorizing the very building blocks that make up a "paranormal entity". No wonder she's jealous.

[Image: chesthold_euo8lt.png]

Anything more than that though... I'm not authorized to tell you! It's all classified information, especially to lowly peons like yourselves!

Speaking of which... Hey, janitor! Get me a new keycard, ASAP. Progress waits for no one, and the longer I'm locked out, the bigger the head start it's getting.

[Image: gus3_l1fd8d.png]

...'Spose I could do that. Try to, anyway. Bound to be one or two left behind after the evacuation... Coulda' stood to ask a little nicer, though...

Maybe I'd best take my leave anyhow. Never been one for hangin' around down here, 'cept when I need to clean somethin' up. It's creepy, plain an' simple.

You kids have fun. Gimme a holler if you need anythin'.

Giffany
[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_with_binder.gif]
Wow! It is nice to meet you, Lyra! There are so many interesting people in this place! You are an expert in "anomalies"? I think "anomalies" are so cool! Do you have a favorite "anomalies"?

I am also curious about your experience! I think "anomalies" are so cool! How could someone become an expert on "anomalies" like you are?
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Spooks?
(Dec 13, 2023 at 4:29 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: I wish to speak to the fishmen within the lake.
You go back outside and face the lake, trying to speak with the Fish men.

You don't get much of a response. No response, actually, besides Gus giving you a bit of a weird look, though not too weird. You're both old. You get it.

(Dec 13, 2023 at 7:02 AM)Chibi Ruby Rose Wrote: What's in the Break Room? And is there anything to eat or drink in there??
You check out the Break Room. Similar to the Cafeteria above ground, it has some tables to sit and eat at. Rather than a buffet table though, there is a fridge and a counter with a sink, a toaster oven, a dishwasher, and a microwave, and a coffee machine. In the cupboards and drawers there is some cutlery, plates, and so on. Looks like a cozy place to eat on your break, if you even have a job...

(Dec 13, 2023 at 7:07 AM)Columbo Wrote: Something wrong with the Service Elevator?
And of course, there's that locked door in Station 2.
[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

The Service Elevator is currently out-of-order due to power failure. Attempting to use the Service Elevator at this time could result in a 99.76% chance of injury without proper equipment.

You turn to look at the locked door in Station 2. It doesn't look like it's locked via the usual Access Level system, instead being locked from unknown means. Maybe bolted on the other side or something.

music:

[Image: hey_aenwhb.png]

Huh, what're you...?

[Image: hm_fuhbk9.png]

Oh. That's...

[Image: hehh_dcnsps.png]

Kya ha ha! That's Lab Zero, not that you'd know anything about that. They sealed Lab Zero off ages ago! There's a whole sector behind that door, not that you'll ever open it. Or even should open it - though you're welcome to try. Who knows what kinda research got locked off back there?

Kyeh heh heh... I wouldn't hold your breath if you're hoping to see it. It was years and years ago, but we had a Containment Breach.

Lab Zero is where the Bureau held its most dangerous Anomalies. As an emergency measure, the whole place was locked down tight before anything could escape. No one goes in, nothing comes out. There might be a back route, just in case, but don't get your hopes up. Whatever's back there, I'm sure you don't want to be back there with it.
Columbo
Lab Zero? Lab Zero... well, that doesn't sound very safe, so I'll stick to the usual safe activities, like walking around the buildings looking for roof access. Not for any particular reason, mind you.
Phenera
[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseSad_dogawn.png]

The eyes of the alleged new "intern" dart back and forth between the star-adorned Astrid and the new researcher on the scene as the two trade words. Throughout the hostile encounter, they shuffle awkwardly and eventually settle upon looking at just about everything in the area other than the bickering duo...

(Dec 13, 2023 at 6:01 PM)Monokuma Wrote: While Astrid buries her face in old books, I'm making real progress on categorizing the very building blocks that make up a "paranormal entity".

And then, every set of eyes visible on their person snap to Lyra at once, fixing their collective gazes upon the researcher.

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseUpdatedAha_ejk11q.png]

(Building blocks? So, like... the pieces that make them up! Alright, okay! Pieces are the most important part! So she's the most important one here! Oh, she'd know the most!)

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteCopyingLyra_jefjai.png]

They sidle up to Lyra. Where'd they get the file folder? The world may never know. The "intern" produces some sort of gurgling, gargling noise, something mimicking human language in its rising and falling tones, but certainly not language. It sounds something like...

<What interesting research! You're so sharp that I bet you've come up with ways to mimic anomalies! Have you ever used the principles that make them so strange to make new technology? Can you harness their properties?>
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Spooks?
(Dec 13, 2023 at 7:26 AM)Morgan Wrote: I've been meaning to check out the Holding Cell. Could be useful later on.
(Dec 13, 2023 at 12:40 PM)Lily Wrote:
can I lock the holding cell once morgan goes in
You enter the Holding Cell. It's not very big, with just a bed doubling as a bench, a toilet, and a science magazine presumably to pass the time with. The longer you sit in here, the more it starts to feel like you've been locked up in the drunk tank. You try to leave, but Lily slams the door, giggling.

Spooks' eyes flash, and the lock opens automatically.

[Image: X_i7rrba.png]

Please refrain from unlawful imprisonment. Thank you.

(Dec 13, 2023 at 7:26 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: There sure is a lot of fascinating stuff down here, but one of these rooms stands out to me in particular. I'm talking about the Killing Game Lab, of course. What in the seven hells is that?
You enter the Killing Game Lab, not sure what to expect.

The lab, unlike some of the others, doesn't appear to be particularly organized. File folders and loose papers are strewn across the tables, some of which discussing "role powers" and "masterminds". You don't really spend much time looking over individual files though, your eyes instead being drawn to a variety of strange weapons and other objects accompanying the files, none of which seem to have particular meaning to you.

There are a few computers in here, as well as a corkboard with various photos pinned to it, connected via red thread. You honestly don't recognize anyone in the photos, and it looks to be a couple years old at least.

Taking interest in the Killing Game Lab, huh? Kyeh heh heh... This is Agent Grayson's stomping ground mostly, but I happen to know a thing or two about Killing Games. Did you know that anomalous occurrences and these weird death games tend to go hand-in-hand? The real question is why, and that's what this lab's all about figuring out.

I work pretty closely with the lab staff here, it's no big deal.

(Dec 13, 2023 at 7:29 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Oooooooooh, a leisure center! Do you guys have some video games or anime? Or a computer with internet access at least? I'm gonna go check it out
You enter the Leisure Center. There are no video games or anime in sight, but there is a pool and some workout equipment. The treadmills have little TV screens attached to them, so you could presumably watch something, but otherwise... start swimming.

(Dec 13, 2023 at 8:36 AM)Bradimir Votvodk Wrote: Hello folks, sorry for being a little late. I am Bradimir Votvodk. Also if you don't mind Ruby Rose, I will hold off on shaking your hand at the moment. I've made it an habit to not shake hands with people are am unfamiliar with. I would be up to shaking hands later when I am more acquainted with you.

As for what dorm I would want to take up arrangements in. I would like to be placed in the Research Dorm please.

With that out of the way, I would like to take a closer look at the Director's Office if you folks don't mind.

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

I... don't think that would go over very well, actually. I know, Access Levels and stuff, but... Just trust me on that one, okay? I don't think he likes it when people go rummaging through his stuff.

(Dec 13, 2023 at 9:14 AM)DxHustler3000 Wrote:
(Dec 13, 2023 at 5:19 AM)Goose Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2023 at 7:48 AM)Dodo Wrote:
[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

" ! "
[Image: ik6gZl5.jpeg]

[Image: zx3EhmY.png]

[Image: UehRkDq.png]

[Image: waq8mqT.png]

[Image: fxQkfsg.png]

Astrid. We have to talk about a strong investment opportunity. Have you seen Fight Club?

As for the charming rotund swallow, I implore you to stay away from the other one until the time is right. If that swan is to attack without mercy or shame, someone should at least be... refereeing.
[Image: hey_tklwwl.png]

What? Come on, dude. Everyone's seen Fight Club. Wait, are you trying to suggest...?

[Image: hmm_emdrha.png]

...Well, I won't stop you, but... I'm not gonna be the one to round up a bunch of birds for a cage match. Just keep your brawl away from the Observatory, okay?
Jack of Spades
Getting to the good stuff on this tour? Finally! I wanna see all the cool science shit!

[Image: b061485b4ccee3c6c185ec83362256622ea5aa1f.pnj]

Hey, Lyra! What's in the Anomaly Records? Mind letting me have a peek?
Momoyo Himemushi
Oh yeah. Gotta be fair.

Hey, Lyra, Astrid.

You two want a fresh baked rock? Trust me, it's good. Gus is missing out.
Izumi Konata
(Dec 13, 2023 at 7:47 PM)Monokuma Wrote:
(Dec 13, 2023 at 7:29 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Oooooooooh, a leisure center! Do you guys have some video games or anime? Or a computer with internet access at least? I'm gonna go check it out
You enter the Leisure Center. There are no video games or anime in sight, but there is a pool and some workout equipment. The treadmills have little TV screens attached to them, so you could presumably watch something, but otherwise... start swimming.

Whaaaaat?! This isn't a leisure center, I've been lied to...

Well, whatever, time to go check out other places, like if the shuttle service is still working
Maximillion Pegasus
[Image: JzmkTCP.png]

Well, I was hoping to stay in History, but that rude whore seems to have an issue with me already, so..I suppose you can stick me in Survey.
[Image: JzmhF4f.png]
Spooks?
(Dec 13, 2023 at 2:27 PM)Tinkaton Wrote: Tinkaton is heading to the kitchen. I guess she's hungry. Oh well, she'll be fine. Nothing bad ever happens in the kitchen!
You all follow Tinkaton to the Kitchen, passing through the Lounge. A man is seated here, a sour expression on his face as he nurses a glass of what appears to be... ginger ale?

music:

[Image: ugh_cyyy51.png]

Oh, great. I told you, Lyra - I'd open the door, but that's it. I need some me time, if I'm gonna be stuck out here in the woods. That goes double for you, Astrid. I'm staying out of your business, just like I said.

And yet, here you both are. The world really hates a guy who keeps his word, huh? You've brought a whole squad with you too, huh? The fuck are these guys?

[Image: Lefthmm_vtipmj.png][Image: huh_sej3kc.png]

It's the "Investigation Team", they're here to look around.

Investigation Team? Tch, whatever. Guess I'm suddenly not good enough to do the job alone, huh?

Yeah, I see how it is. You know, I don't have to deal with this kind of thing, right? I'm a celebrity, I've been doing this since I was a kid, at least until the network replaced me with that piece of shit with the sunglasses and the stupid hat!

This place ought to be thanking me for coming out here, I mean really.

I'm Dexter Hexley, god dammit. Paranormal Investigator, Psychic Detective, TV sensation, star of Dexter Hexley: Paranormal Investigator for over 10 years now! Why do they gotta bring in a bunch of half-baked wannabes to do a professional's job?

[Image: dexter-ubtri_k7dhg8.png]

[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

Heh. Well, whatever. I've deduced there's no mystery to solve here anyway. Just a shitty old building, with bad wiring and even worse location. Typical fearmongering.

Let me tell you something. These Anomalies? Overrated. Call me back when BPI... I dunno, 4119 or some shit is chasing someone down the hallway with an axe like in Episode 237: The Axe Ghost of Marlon Manor.

[Image: well_zeuxer.png]

It was a guy in a costume, it usually was, but surprisingly whether it's a ghost with an axe, or some freak in a costume, I was 16, and still being chased with an axe. Big comfort, right? At least I can shoot an actual ghost, legally speaking.

Anyway, whatever's going on here? It's people doing it, not "the supernatural". I'm no skeptic, but... come on. Breaking a fountain? Power failure? Gimme the rattling chains and spooky moans, or whatever.

[Image: huh_sej3kc.png]

...Well, if you're just gonna walk around staring at walls and opening doors, you go right ahead. I'll just be here, wallowing in self-pity. As usual. Call me when I get to home, okay?

You leave him to his misery? and examine the Kitchen.

It is a spacious, professional kitchen similar to the ones used in actual bars and restaurants around the world. There are kitchen supplies and utensils everywhere, really everything you'd need to cook any dish.
Izumi Konata
Celebrity...? Nope, don't know you at all.

I'm gonna ignore him and check out the Station 1 thingy, whatever it is