[Day 3] - Shuttled off this Mortal Coil

Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 10:52 PM)Columbo Wrote: Give 2003's room a thorough once over. We're missin' somethin' here.
You look into BPI-2003's containment room. It is completely empty. There is nothing in here outside of a pedestal which seems to have had something on it at one point.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 10:52 PM)Lita Wrote: I go outside to Momoyo's ditch and look around. Is there any signs of anything disturbed? Other than dirt, of course.
You to go Momoyo's ditch outside by the Mine Shaft. It is a thin trench beginning near the shaft's entrance and appears to be in the beginning stages of extending towards the lake. There's nothing in here besides dirt.
Izumi Konata
gonna walk against the wall of the shuttle corridor feeling it up intimately, trying to find anything hidden
Columbo
CCTV's out so I'm not sure we can check for sure, but is there any notable blind spots to it where somebody could've sneaked past it? Or at least hid from it while the Shuttle was exploding.
*Mute
(Feb 10, 2024 at 2:57 PM)Dodo Wrote:
[Image: ae8e3c59c261ebadb6e47d6edef03ff0a09d402c.gifv]

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOURSELF OFF AND ON AGAIN?

[Image: 160fac6a6d6c0ffd0aa1b93bdd5cb337e6722b60.gifv]

I WILL ASSIST YOU WITH THIS ENDEAVOR.
IN EXCHANGE FOR THE CORN KERNELS UPON YOUR HEAD.

[Image: U9NSiZ9.png]

[Image: hVDPZJJ.png]

I can try rebooting later, but right now, kinda busy.

[Image: m04Iwfa.png]

And don't go pecking the terminals, dear. There's no corn in them.

[Image: RicUJ2P.png]

Hey. Astrid, you said you wanted to do some investigative work, so would you mind helping me test some theories here? Specifically I have some thoughts about the physical evidence and, you know, computer program.

Could you check the TV remote from the Lounge and see if there's anything odd or out of place about it? The other one I was thinking of was if you could test getting some blood on one of the steak knives, then sticking it in the particle board ceiling in Counter-Terrorism. Does doing so wipe the blood off and leave it looking like the knife that was found there? You should be able to find blood either on Riki or in the blood pool in the Lounge.

[Image: XytqJeM.png]

I'll look over the shuttle documentation again. What kind of propulsion system does it operate on, and are there electrical elements like a third rail in the railbed that could have somehow had the blasting caps wired up to them?
Character & sprites from Analogue: A Hate Story
Indiana Jones (Old)
Is the shuttle a monorail? How is it powered?
Jack of Spades
Looks like it's time to use the Pipe of Deduction again. 2 murders to investigate in a single day. What a pain. Hey, you guys didn't clean this thing after using it? Gross.

[Image: f6871fcd2a806b703a4b0055f53b22fee504f530.pnj]

Whatever. Allow me to isolate the anomaly within the pipe.

[Image: d5407e93d30d8d57cb38b9822d70fe4ce1de92bc.gifv]

Aww, look at this little guy!

[Image: f1d5f15abc3e007a43c94f0c61f1c1dd096fdd19.pnj]

"eugh"

Wow. What a cutie. Unfortunately, the anomaly only releases the deduction-inducing smoke when burned. Sorry, little guy!

[Image: 6a4356f629a01113f867e85d127256b5b375f5f1.gifv]

[Image: f1d5f15abc3e007a43c94f0c61f1c1dd096fdd19.pnj]

"weugh?"

[Image: f24eba258e6c90081163af9af9f9af48a921c386.gifv]

"WAAAAAAAGH!!!"

I declare;

The killer descended from the stairs in station 1. The culprit, who was nearby during the murder, is Morgan, because Momoyo would never want to blow herself up. The killer did this by planting the dynamite on the track early on, and then later detonated it remotely with a radio.

[Image: a784ee7f4973cbec65505b378d4c3270db1ad6e7.pnj]

AH, I SEE THE TRUTH. IT COMES TO ME THROUGH THE MISTS.

LYRA IS A BRUNETTE. DUMBASSES.
Jack of Spades
[Image: a784ee7f4973cbec65505b378d4c3270db1ad6e7.pnj]

AH, I SEE. IT'S SO CLEAR NOW.

LYRA HAS VERY DARK BROWN HAIR, THAT APPEARS BLACK IN LOW LIGHT LEVELS.

THIS IS NOT A BIT.

ALSO, THE KILLER DEFINITELY DID NOT USE THE STAIRS TO STATION 1 IN ORDER TO PLANT THE DYNAMITE.

THE BLASTING CAPS ARE WAY TOO OLD FOR RADIO TECHNOLOGY TO BE INVOLVED, AND WE HAVEN'T FOUND ANYTHING THAT WOULD LEAD TO A RADIO-BASED DETONATION BEING INVOLVED.

.̷̳̖̝̑̀.̶̟̠̜̄̅.̷̺̽͑̾͜
̵̫̩͇̽̑
̸̠͔͇̑̂̐I̷̜̅͗ ̶̤̗̯̈́͂̑J̷͓̱̺̒̃U̷͍͐͋̏Ṡ̷̹͍͍̎̚T̸͖͈̋ ̸͍̘̣͌͐̃R̴̢̮̬̒̏E̸̥͚̍͆͜M̷̗̽̈͠E̷͎̜̕ͅM̴̟̹̍̿B̸̖͕͘ͅẺ̶͇̗̈́̐R̸͎͇̣̋E̵̪̍D̶̟̥̫̀ ̷̗̺͉̽͂̆T̵̰̝͆͐̊H̵̼̺̍̉͘E̴͕͔̩̿̅ ̵̧̦͋C̸̡̭̓̐͐͜Ḁ̸̓P̵̲͍͉͒̓́Ş̷̪̎̉ ̶̢̼͛̐L̴̗̬̬͗̔O̵̱̗̊C̴͇͆̐Ķ̵̯̬̀͑͘ ̸͔̀B̷͕̘́͌Ù̸̘T̷̹͇̗͋T̴̛̺͊O̵͉̒̉Ṋ̷͌ ̷̼̀È̸̜X̸̻̍͑Í̵̫͖͆S̵͔̉̿̆T̷̼̰̑̅S̴̩͓̔.̸͈̼͈̂͗

ALSO, THE KILLER WOULD NEED TO BE VERY CLOSE TO THE SCENE TO DETONATE WITHOUT A RADIO.
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 11:13 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: gonna walk against the wall of the shuttle corridor feeling it up intimately, trying to find anything hidden
You walk along the walls of the shuttle line, glancing up at the ceiling as well. There's nothing noticeable you see, besides a smashed CCTV camera, a piece of wreckage from the shuttle lodged inside.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 11:16 PM)Columbo Wrote: CCTV's out so I'm not sure we can check for sure, but is there any notable blind spots to it where somebody could've sneaked past it? Or at least hid from it while the Shuttle was exploding.
You can't really be sure, though judging by the physical appearance of the camera, probably not.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 11:22 PM)*Mute Wrote:
(Feb 10, 2024 at 2:57 PM)Dodo Wrote:
[Image: ae8e3c59c261ebadb6e47d6edef03ff0a09d402c.gifv]

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOURSELF OFF AND ON AGAIN?

[Image: 160fac6a6d6c0ffd0aa1b93bdd5cb337e6722b60.gifv]

I WILL ASSIST YOU WITH THIS ENDEAVOR.
IN EXCHANGE FOR THE CORN KERNELS UPON YOUR HEAD.

[Image: U9NSiZ9.png]

I can try rebooting later, but right now, kinda busy.

[Image: m04Iwfa.png]

And don't go pecking the terminals, dear. There's no corn in them

[Image: RicUJ2P.png]

Hey. Astrid, you said you wanted to do some investigative work, so would you mind helping me test some theories here? Specifically I have some thoughts about the physical evidence and, you know, computer program.

Could you check the TV remote from the Lounge and see if there's anything odd or out of place about it? The other one I was thinking of was if you could test getting some blood on one of the steak knives, then sticking it in the particle board ceiling in Counter-Terrorism. Does doing so wipe the blood off and leave it looking like the knife that was found there? You should be able to find blood either on Riki or in the blood pool in the Lounge.

[Image: XytqJeM.png]

I'll look over the shuttle documentation again. What kind of propulsion system does it operate on, and are there electrical elements like a third rail in the railbed that could have somehow had the blasting caps wired up to them?

[Image: heh_houlkc.png]

Oh, count me in.

Astrid goes to inspect the TV remote in the Lounge, turning it over in her hands and testing it a few times. She even checks to see if the batteries are intact.

[Image: hey_tklwwl.png]

...Well, I don't know what you were looking to find... but this is the same old TV remote that's always been in here. It works for the TV, but I... don't think it's a reprogrammable universal remote or anything.

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

...Hold on, you want me to do what now? Well, I guess no one ever said detective work was clean... I'll give it a shot. Just one of these steak knives from the kitchen, right?

Astrid retrieves a steak knife from the Kitchen, then rubs the knife against Riki sighs. The bloodypon life ain't easy. Astrid takes the knife and tosses it into the ceiling of Counter-Terrorism. Before she can get a chair to pull it out, the knife - lubricated by the blood - slides out on its own and lands on the floor.

[Image: oh_zz9chv.png]

Well, that answers that.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 11:36 PM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Is the shuttle a monorail? How is it powered?
You inspect the Shuttle with *Mute after Astrid leaves. The Shuttle wheels appear to run on two rails, however there is a third rail in the middle that seems to be for delivering electric power to the Shuttle. You're not sure if you could wire blasting caps to it, though if you did, you suspect that they would just explode with little to no delay.
Dr. Niles Crane
I would like to check thoroughly around the sides of the tunnel around where the explosion took place - is there any sign there could be a hidden area where someone could hide and detonate the device? Any walls that sound particularly hollow, anything potentially blocked by debris? Any sign of a wire or detonator in the rubble?

EDIT: nvm this mostly got answered

Check Station 2 (whichever one's south) and the Receiving Bay in general as well if this hasn't already been done.

Also for the other case, let's check the ceiling tile where the knife was embedded - is there any sign of blood or anything else hidden up here?
Columbo
Don't answer if it's too much, Spooks, but can you list the general order of people who talked to ya last night?
Dodo
Dumb idea, but can I remove the ceiling panel the knife is lodged in and check if there's anything behind it?
Riki
Spooks has order of friends sighted even without account, yes? Or, nice Mechon die if talk?

Riki check Ruby ceiling knife. Seem like killer use wipe?

Heropon more like Zeropon now, but sniff 1946 ozone then sniff Library and Director's Office see if book scent similar? If ozone smell same scent Riki follow to big big forest, want to know.
No more sniff sniff... just sniff.
Phenera
So, like, is there anything immediately unusual noticeable in 1946's containment room? And are there any signs of burn marks or charring or anything similar?
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Riki
What Revolving Room appear as tonight? Library? Art Studio? Wonder if Anomaly Lab, Passage, 5016, 4106, 3733, Morgue, Killing Game Lab have ozone sniff. Maybe...
Spooks?
(Feb 11, 2024 at 12:24 AM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: I would like to check thoroughly around the sides of the tunnel around where the explosion took place - is there any sign there could be a hidden area where someone could hide and detonate the device? Any walls that sound particularly hollow, anything potentially blocked by debris? Any sign of a wire or detonator in the rubble?

EDIT: nvm this mostly got answered

Check Station 2 (whichever one's south) and the Receiving Bay in general as well if this hasn't already been done.

Also for the other case, let's check the ceiling tile where the knife was embedded - is there any sign of blood or anything else hidden up here?
You look at Station 2 and the Receiving Bay. Besides a faint trail of black residue linking the Lab Zero door and the elevator shaft, there's nothing interesting here.

You inspect the stabbed ceiling tile and lift it up, looking around up there. There's no excess blood on either side of the tile, and there's nothing hidden above it beyond some wiring and a red pipe snaking along the wall.

(Feb 11, 2024 at 12:27 AM)Columbo Wrote: Don't answer if it's too much, Spooks, but can you list the general order of people who talked to ya last night?
[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

According to my analysis of previous statements by individuals suffering from [AFFLICTION DESIGNATION: BLACKMAIL], this... should be within my parameters. Please maintain a safe distance however, in case I explode or suffer other ill effects as a result of the [AFFLICTION DESIGNATION: BLACKMAIL]. There is a 98.6% chance that this will not happen, but 1.4% is still of a higher percentile than 0%.

[RECOUNTING EVENTS... 20%]
[RECOUNTING EVENTS... 60%
[RECOUNTING EVENTS... 99%]
[!EVENTS RECOUNTED!]

During my mandated nightly patrols, I encountered the following individuals:

• [AGENT DESIGNATION - GIFFANY]
  • [AGENT DESIGNATION - *MUTE]
  • [AGENT DESIGNATION - WALMART JOHN FINALFANTASYXIV]
  • [AGENT DESIGNATION - LITA]
  • [AGENT DESIGNATION - COLUMBO]
  • [AGENT DESIGNATION - RIKI]

I had also cautioned [AGENT DESIGNATION - ALAN WAKE] regarding his opening of the Lobby vault, but he disregarded my advice.

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

[Image: Sorry_nvwh2i.png]

I did not explode!
Giffany
Hello, Spooks! You are such a cute kitty, I am very happy you didn't explode! Are you familiar with the code, 529?
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Dr. Niles Crane
Research the "Void Rifle" in the archives or the KG lab, if possible (not sure if I can get in)

Check the locker room in general if someone already hasn't

Does the door to counter-terrorism look damaged or forced open in any way?
Lita
Investigate the doors to 1946; is there anything odd or unusual about them? Are they electric?

Check in the locker room for anything out of place too.
Spooks?
(Feb 11, 2024 at 12:33 AM)Riki Wrote: Spooks has order of friends sighted even without account, yes? Or, nice Mechon die if talk?

Riki check Ruby ceiling knife. Seem like killer use wipe?

Heropon more like Zeropon now, but sniff 1946 ozone then sniff Library and Director's Office see if book scent similar? If ozone smell same scent Riki follow to big big forest, want to know.
No more sniff sniff... just sniff.
You sniff the weird smell in 1946's containment room. It's the same smell you followed to the forest. It isn't present in the Library or Director's Office.

(Feb 11, 2024 at 12:37 AM)Phenera Wrote: So, like, is there anything immediately unusual noticeable in 1946's containment room? And are there any signs of burn marks or charring or anything similar?
The room is completely empty and bare. There are no signs of burning, charring, or violence.

(Feb 11, 2024 at 12:45 AM)Riki Wrote: What Revolving Room appear as tonight? Library? Art Studio? Wonder if Anomaly Lab, Passage, 5016, 4106, 3733, Morgue, Killing Game Lab have ozone sniff. Maybe...
You head for the Revolving Room, looking inside. It appears to be a filthy old gym equipment room. You sniff around the area for the ozone smell... but the mask's powers have stopped working. You only smell your own regrets.
Phenera
This mask's a coward and a fool can I just sniff the revolving room for ozone normally
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite